So, here is my AAR-lessons learned from the marathon-both the training and the event-I hope that you can take these and apply some of them to your next "big life project/event" or just read them for pure entertainment sake!(they are serious and not so serious...)
- Pray-in thankfulness, for strength, wisdom and perseverance.
- Never go into something without a team to support and pray for you. My family, SP team and friends-are the BEST!
- Prepare yourself as much as you can-but remember no matter how prepared you are- life (and marathon's) is/are unpredictable.
- Enjoy the view and people along the way.
- Take in fuel along the way-or your tank with empty sooner and you will have no strength for the last push.
- Smile, even when it hurts!
- Go to the bathroom before you start...
- Look before you spit
- There is always someone else in a worse situation/condition than you.
- Running is just one foot in front of another.
- Listen to your body-and when your body wants to quit-listen to your heart.
- Do it for others, not yourself.
- Set a goal-even if you don't make it.
- Don't get upset if someone older or who looks less in shape passes you. It's good to be humbled!
- Spend the money for good materials/equipment-like a sports bra!
- Be an encourager.
- Involve kids-they keep it fun!
- Trust-God can take something small and make it big for His purpose. Just go along for the ride-it will change your life!
- Make sure you have someone who can keep you accountable to the training, tell you when to rest, calm you down, be there when you to quit, hug you at the finish and tell you it's ok to cry.
- Have a plan in case someone tries to knock you off course or attack you!!! (I have the best moves ready...)
- Don't be afraid to do something that you think you can't do.
- No regrets!
- God is always there and always shows up.
Thanks for letting me share these with all of you...and for teaching me these lessons!