Monday, April 11, 2011

Surprise SP Send off!!!

Yesterday afternoon I finished packing and re-packing my bags and got ready to leave for Roberts International Airport-just outside of Monrovia.  Little did I know my SP family had a special send-off ready for me-and little did I know that I almost ruined the surprise-which I have knack of doing...

Instead of waiting for Joni to come and pick me up at my house I was so nervous about getting on the road I drove to the staffhouse to pick her up.  Little did I realize that a bunch of the SP staff were supposed to be meeting at the staffhouse and when we drove by they were going to be cheering on the front lawn-since I was a little earlier-Joni had to think fast and got everyone to go up on the road on the way out of ELWA to cheer as the truck went by.  I of course was clueless to what was going on-and didn't see anyone...Joni took some pictures of me and my boys before I left then we piled into the car and off we went. 


Mom and her boys...

As we got closer to the exit of ELWA a group of crazy people came jumping out on the road!!!  Check out these pictures of my awesome SP peeps!!!

Much to my surprise...


SP 'family' seeing me off...love the signs!

The SP staff that could not be there called me and sent me text messages with encouraging words.  Once again, I was so thankful for such a great supportive friends that I work with!  They are a little nuts at times but that's what makes me love them more!

So even though I ruined how the surprise was supposed to happen it was still a surprise to me.  After we left Joni exclaimed, "why do you always ruin surprises!!!?" Yes, I have a history of ruining surprises that are meant for me...

At this point of my blog entry I would like once again to apologize to my younger brother, why you ask?  Well, he was given the task on my 16th birthday to get me out of the house so my friends and mom could decorate the house for my 'surprise' birthday.  Poor Bub, (his name is Daron but I call him Bub:)- I didn't want to go walk the dog and 15 min. into our walk I insisted on going back home-my bro was beside himself-I can still hear him pleading with me, "Sis, please let's just go a little farther!!!" I got annoyed and proceeded to hit him with the dog leash...(I was not always the nicest big sister but I do love my brother very much!)  With my brother in tears-we headed home-where I ruined the surprise and got into a lot of trouble with the parentals...Bub, I am sorry, Joni I am sorry-maybe I shouldn't be surprised!

Here is a picture of my brother when he came to visit me in Liberia-I put him to work to help load WASH supplies into the helicopter net-and i didn't have to beat him to do it!!  So he, like my sister, have seen first hand the work that our WASH programs are doing.  It was awesome having him come out as we are very close and he cracks me up!
My very funny brother-he like his muscles...:)

Anyway, back to yesterday-after a delay at the airport our flight finally took off-my head was pounding with a sinus headache but I manage to sleep small small.  I woke up an hour before landing in Brussels and realized that I was not going to make my connecting flight to London...ugh.  However, the nice SN Brussels people re-booked me onto the 10am flight and also gave me a food voucher-yeah!  I finally arrived in London and made my way to Cranfield University where I am for the next two days...why you ask? (again)  That will be answered in tomorrow's blog entry...

Thanks again to all my SP peeps at home in Liberia for the great send off and prayers!  All of you and the people I am running for are on my mind and in my heart...

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/spuk

1 comment: