In deep thought on the jungle road...
So here are some of the thoughts running through my head as I do loops around ELWA for up to 2 hours!
- Sigh...thanks Lord that I can run.
- Must start my watch-I wonder what my time will be like today?
- Man, it is HOT!
- This run is not for me-go faster!
- Ooh yeah, good song (if I am wearing my ipod)
- Great, why does that guy have to pee right now as I pass him...
- I have to go pee...
- What are the boys doing!!!??? (As I pass my house)
- Wow-something smells really bad...
- No, I will not give you my ipod (As someone yells "white woma you give me that thing!" pointing to my ipod)
- What should I make for dinner?
- PHD-hmmm I think a good intro needs to have more on water and development...(I have seriously written my thesis out in my head at least 50 times...)
- I can't wait until the marathon...
- Could I sweat anymore please!
- Oh, good there is Kendell walking home-boys will have some parental supervision now...
- Don't look at your watch
- Wow that is a pretty good time!
- Wonder what the fam at home is doing right now?
- DO NOT start thinking of how far you have left!
- How far do I have left?
- Therese and Rebecca-all the CLP people...
- DO NOT think of how thirsty you are!!
- Man, I am thirsty!
- Community of Barfely-with their filters
- WASH staff-Taya and the new programs she is doing-lots of thoughts of different water interventions-and praying for Tay-tay!
- Karpie and Kimbolou women walking down that hill to get their dirty water
- I wonder how we can get that water up there?
- I can't wait until the London marathon-running through all that history-hearing the crowds...(Bev starts to get butterflies)
- Stop thinking of the marathon it's making you breath too fast!
- I have to stop..
- DO NOT STOP!
- All the ladies who hold a pencil for the first time- I wonder what that feels like?
- HOT!!!!!! HUMID!!!!!!!!
- Sweat is everywhere I feel like I have wet my shorts...
- I am thirsty, I am thirsty, oh so thirsty, oh so thirsty (to the tune of "are you sleeping, are you sleeping brother John?) I am being serious...
- Sweet, the girls left some water on their porch for me! Must. have. water. now.
- I wonder what type of latrines the communities will build with the money raised...
- I have to go to the bathroom.
- What was the name of that woman who was blind in Foya-and her husband left her? I need to ask Jo...
- Lord I need help for this last lap-seriously, please strength.
- Thank goodness for Joni-putting up with me as I sweat and am so tired I don't talk (As she films me on one of my runs).
- Bev, suck. it. up. This is NOTHING compared to those who you run for.
- Jesus...You are the only one that can get me through this!
- Thank you-Lord! -Mercy there is the end!
For the marathon I will have a 'pace band'- it will have the times I need to be at for every mile of the race to reach my goal time (which I have not set yet...). But beside each mile I am going to also write in people's names, like Teresa and Rebecca, little Tomba and his family, Bible verses, names of communities that we have SP WASH/CLP projects in, my boys, those who have donated to this cause, those who have helped me to get here-and I will pray for each person-each mile. My pace band will be full-just as I am-full of thankfulness and joy to be doing this. The last .2, 385 yards, will be left for my Savior-actually, all of it is for Him-but that last push-will be full of pain mixed with extreme joy, and I will once again lean on Him-the source of my strength.
That is what I will be thinking about on Sunday-I am sure there will be much more too-but mostly on those who I am running for and the One who I can't run without...