Friday, April 15, 2011

Two. More. Days...

Yes, the reality of running 26.2 miles through the streets of London is starting to hit home...However, I have had a great time at the Samaritan's Purse UK office, such a great staff-so encouraging, love them to bits! 

Yesterday Joni flew in and she will be helping with the filming of this event for SP.  It is also great for me to have my good friend here as I run the marathon.  For any of you who have run a marathon you know the feelings of doubt, worry and anxiousness that you go through before a marathon-not to mention after the marathon the flood of emotions that you go through.  So, to have a good friend who can calm me down, encourage me and be there when I finish is such a huge blessing. 

After some office 'work' we did some filming of me running in a park for the SPUK/US office.  Here are a couple photo's Jo took...
All Hail Liberia, Hail!!!

Hopefully I will look as fresh as this at the finish line!

Joni has an amazing gift in her work-especially in the area of communications-both in photography and doing videos.  Here is a video that she did on me for this marathon.  I can't load it on the blog but check it out on my facebook at this link:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=874260511#!/video/video.php?v=10150166357703672&subj=874260511

My prayer is that when you watch this video you will get a better glimpse of why I am running.  I can't explain to you what an amazing experience this has been.  I often think "Bev, you are just a small town Canadian girl (from the Yukon/B.C. at that!) what are you even doing here!!!"  I hope that my life is a testament of when God takes something small, like me-He can make it great for Him. 

I will update my blog one more time before running on Sunday.  After the marathon I will give a full report on the events of that day...I can't wait to share them with you...

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/spuk

No comments:

Post a Comment