Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Best day ever in Liberia-a summary...

Well-it's been 48 hours since the end of the race.  On Monday morning I showed the staff the pictures that were taken of them racing and finishing-it was great!!  The laughter-the clapping it was so great to share with them their accomplishment.  I am still in awe that it all went so well-and that all of our staff finished.  What started as a week of devotions on a healthy lifestyle, exercising and how our body is God's creation-turned into an EVENT!  Wow!


The team at the beginning...

The team at the finish!!! Mercy!

Our staff thanked me after for organizing everything for them-but for me the thanks goes to them.  These are our people-they work in some of the toughest places in the world-through the jungle, on rough roads, through the rain and all to help their Liberian brothers and sisters recovery from the same war they all endured.  Our staff go above and beyond EVERY DAY.  I have seem them mature in their faith-graduate from university, raise their families -for our ex-pat staff leaving their homes...it is a privilege to work beside these people everyday.

These people - our SP family-they are a reason why I run and they ran with a purpose, on Aug. 28, 2011-my best day ever in Liberia...

No comments:

Post a Comment