Friday, June 24, 2011

Team SP's Friday run...

Today at 3:30pm we had our first SP staff training run.  Some staff have been training already for the Aug. 28th 10km race in Monrovia, but we have decided to run together as a team every friday up until race day.  Today was a nice 5km-which is 2 laps of ELWA.  Everyone did great!! Here are some pictures I took while I ran around with our staff...
Debbie leading us in stretching
Everyone is ready to go!
And they are off!

Finance ladies Dorothy and Debbie

Iowa's finest...

Everyone did great-really they did, for some it was the first time they had run this distance.  It gave me such great joy to run with my co-workers who work so hard for SP Liberia! Most said it was hard while they were doing but that they felt great after :)  We had some people missing because they were in meetings or up-country but I have no doubt after they talk to their co-workers they will be excited to come out next friday as we tackle another 5km run.  We will bump the milage up mid-July to 3 laps, which is 5 miles-and will keep work up to Aug. when we will do 4 full laps=10km.



Pastor Kamara and newest SP intern Jamie coming into the gate!


Finshed!
Hawa and Danielle (who has had malaria this week...) finishing strong.

Another exciting aspect to the Aug. 28th race is that Team SP at our headquarters has allowed me to set up a fundraising page.  I know many of you gave towards my London Marathon-so please don't feel like you have to give again!! For me, this is more about our staff getting the opportunity to run for their country-and feel like they are running with a purpose.  I will be posting the link if you do want to support our SP projects on my next blog-still have some kinks to work out...

Please remember our staff in prayer-we have had some of our staff down with malaria, one down with a motorbike accident (is ok!).  We are in rainy season and with that brings mosquito's and bad roads getting worse.  Hopefully, we will all stay healthy and recover from sickness so we can train hard together!

No comments:

Post a Comment